Thursday, July 29, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
Now for a story from Monday:
We navigated the treacherous seven lane highway into Atlanta and reached SafeHouse, a kind of drop in center for the homeless. There, we prepared and served a free pancake and coffee brunch and spent time getting to know our guests. The men that came for the meal were very friendly and loved getting to visit with the teens. After the meal and clean up were complete, we walked to a park in the city to eat our lunch. The kids and leaders were eager to share their lunches with the homeless in the park, but were dismayed to find that there was a fine for doing so. As we talked with the people we met, we shared our hope in Jesus Christ with them. It was so exciting to see some of our kids share their faith for the very first time!
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Smorgasbord of thoughts sounds much better than "A Jumble of Things Rattling Around in My Head", doesn't it?
Today started early and involved a lot of traveling. Around 10 hours on the road and two or so distributed between meals and pit stops.
Since I have the apparently rare ability to read in a moving vehicle, I put my travel time to good use. I started and finished the book "To Save A Life", which was adapted from the movie soon to be released on DVD. I cannot say enough good things about this book. It's absolutely excellent and here is a trailer for the movie:
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Here are some suggestions sure to make you grin:
- Go for a creek walk (make sure you pronounce it correctly - crick walk). Scream like a little girl when a lobster size* crayfish bumps your toe. Giggle like an idiot when you reach the bank and notice your audience laughing their heads off.
- Watch your husband do the same (minus the screaming) when he sees a water snake.
- Dance with a baby. Make sure you spin and dip!
- Hang a toddler upside down and tickle his belly. If those chuckles don't make you smile - check your pulse!
- Watch a crowd of children squeal when the fireworks put on a show.
- Paint a room your favorite color (GREEN!)
- Beat the heat by cuddling in the air conditioning with a sweet pup.
Needless to say, it was a very happy weekend!
*This may be a slight exaggeration.