Thursday, December 11, 2008

Reality Check - Christmas Insanity

What a week this has been. I love Christmas, but trying to find some time to sit down and enjoy the season has been nearly impossible lately. Between church programs, charity projects, school plays, choir and band concerts, cookie baking obligations and Christmas shopping, I'm suffering from some serious holiday battle fatigue. (also, looking at that last sentence - I may need to face the fact that I seem to have a very serious problem saying "no")
So, why do we do this to ourselves? This is so far away from the true meaning of the season that its no wonder that the holiday is barely recognizeable. So, for the next two weeks, I'll be sorting the wheat from the chaff on my calendar. I want to eke out some time to spend with friends and family and enjoy good food, conversation and laughter. I want to spend less money and spend more time, I guess.

No comments: