Saturday, December 6, 2008

Seams to Me by Anna Maria Horner - a must-have if you love sewing!

I've been following Anna Maria Horner's blog for over a year now. I absolutely love her tutorials and her colorful designs make me want to buy more fabric than I could possibly ever sew. Unfortunately for me, no fabric store within 50 miles carries her products and I've not yet been able to rationalize paying shipping for fabric that I don't yet have a designated purpose for. Soon, though, very soon. So, imagine my delight when she announced plans to complete a book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

And then finally, the day came and there it was (having arrived at the local book store several weeks late), sitting on the shelf, just waiting for me to pick it up. The pictures are gorgeous, and the pattern pouch in the back is perfect! I also love that the patterns are printed on sturdy copy-type paper instead of the brown tissue paper stuff that just isn't very durable. My biggest dilema was deciding which pattern to try first. That problem was solved when I found myself at a chain fabric store on Black Friday. At one point during my hour-long wait to get fabric cut, I found myself positioned next some fabric that was just begging to be my next purse. So, that very evening, I began to work on the One of Everything Bag pattern found in the book. This bag came together splendidly and I just love the style.



(Please excuse my feeble attempt at artistic display of my bag, its fairly pretentious for someone who has not yet learned how to eliminate the date stamp from her pictures.)


My second project from the book was the Magnetic Personality board with the Opposites Attract magnets. This is a gift for my niece and again, it was simple to put together and I'm thrilled with the end result. I think I'll be making a few more of these for gifts. In the very near future, I plan to make the Pincushion Caddy and the Just for Kicks ball.
This book is so (sew?) much fun, I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone who loves to sew.


No comments: