Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thoughts

A problem within a friendship has caused me much sadness in the past several weeks. I am very sorry to say that rather then giving the painful situation over to Jesus, I instead chose to bear it all on my own instead of handing it over to Him. It is amazing how sadness can turn to self pity and self pity to bitterness and anger in such a short time. I kept praying for God to "fix" the situation - on my terms, of course.
.
This past weekend, as we took communion, I found myself pondering whether or not Jesus had ever felt the way I had. I'm embarrassed to say that the answer was so blatently obvious that the realization that He had came flooding into my mind.
.
Rejection? Check.
.
Sadness? Check.
.
Loneliness? Check.
.
I then started thinking that even though Jesus seemed to always be surrounded by people, and many called Him friend, in the end His friends scattered and left Him alone in the worst of circumstances. He knew ahead of time what each of them was going to do. He knew that Judas would betray Him, He knew Peter would deny Him, but He still loved them.
.
Last evening, I finally handed my problem over to the One who can handle it properly.

No comments: