Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Weekend Away

On Friday morning, we piled into the car and escaped to Lancaster, PA for the weekend. Swayed by the frequent commercials and frequent mentions, we stopped by a Sonic for lunch.
.
We do not have a Sonic nearby, so the whole "drive in" concept was initially confusing, but we figured it out. Cherry limeade is AMAZING!
.
At the outlets and I purchased a much coveted microplane zester. No one in my family had any idea what it was or why on earth I wanted one so badly, but I was insanely happy (or insane AND happy) when I found one.
.
Our next stop was the Mennonite Information Center where they have a replica of the Tabernacle as described in Leviticus. Since I just recently finished reading Leviticus, it was really neat to see everything and get a feel for the size and layout of it. Surprisingly, the Tabernacle was not all that big.
.
To finish off the evening, we played a round of mini-golf at what has to be the most beautiful course I have ever seen - Village Greens. This course was even mentioned in Sports Illustrated!
.
We found a very nice Bed and Breakfast in Smoketown called Homestead Lodging, it was a great place to stay with kids. The back of the property borders an Amish farm and cornfield, and we were treated to an outstanding light show, courtesy of the lightening bugs.
.
Saturday's adventures to follow. . . .

1 comment:

Susannah said...

I feel as if I went on that trip with you... thanks for sharing your story! MMMmmm cherry limeade!