Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bible Study Accomplished!

This evening was the last night of the Bible study that began back in July. I cannot believe how quickly the time passed. What sweet fellowship and learning we experienced together. I am so thankful to all that God has done!
.
We studied from the book Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible, in which we read about the lives of Sarai/Sarah, Hagar, Rebekah, Leah and Rachel. After reading the book through before beginning the Bible study, I realized that those flannelgraph lessons from my childhood were woefully lacking some important details from the Bible accounts. Yes, I do realize that some of the information was left out as it was not suitable for impressionable listeners.
.
Together, we learned that these women had issues with control, manipulation, arrogance, envy and competiveness. Too familiar. Yet, despite these obvious flaws, God loved these women and used them, just as He will us as well. I would highly recommend reading this book and if at all possible, organize a study of your own.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

I've been planning to get that book, forever!

It's good to be reminded that God loves us and uses us, despite our flaws. He is SO good.

Congratulations on completing your study. :~D