Monday, September 21, 2009

Blessed

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV
.
There is simply nothing quite as awe inspiring as seeing a favorite Bible verse leap up off the pages and spring to life before your eyes.
.
My daughter is planning to travel on a short mission trip over holiday break this year. I honestly admit that the thought of the cost occupied my thoughts more than I should have let it. My heart knows to trust in God, but sometimes my head forgets.
.
A very kind group of people from our church planned and executed a breakfast fundraiser for my girl and the two girls she will be accompanying. Not only did my daughter receive funds for her trip, our whole family walked away feeling very encouraged. What a blessing our church family is!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Don't you just wonder about how God works in mysterious ways! It was nice of your church family to do this for your daughter and the other two girls. You and your family are blessed!

Kylie said...

I'm glad that the breakfast was a great success. This was one of the things that I was amazed about upon coming to this church--how people reach out so generously when need is there. I was amazed, though I don't think I should have been, I truly was.

:)