Monday, November 2, 2009

A Love Letter to Scott

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis
Want this button?


Dear Scott,

When I first met you, I knew we would be married one day. I loved your curly blond hair and your big blue eyes. I especially loved the fact that you shared your scissors with me during craft time. Granted, it was kindergarten, but you were a gentleman through and through even then. We spent so many happy hours together playing on the playground, riding the bus and going to each others' houses that the teacher had to separate us so that we would pay attention (and not kiss and hug). You were my constant friend. I was so sad when we were separated in middle school. I missed you. When high school came and we were able to spend time together again, I rejoiced that we were able to pick up our friendship just as if it had never been interrupted. How many times did we laugh until we cried around the lunch table or on the long bus ride home? How many times did we commiserate about tests, teen angst and teachers? Posing for pictures with you at graduation was so bittersweet. I thought that was the end. A new beginning, but the end of our friendship as I knew it. Good thing for me that God's planning is so much better than my own.
.
One conversation changed everything for me. When that friend spilled the beans that I liked you, I don't think she ever had a clue about the chain of events she set into motion. First one date, then ten, each one better than the last. Before we knew it, we were married. It wasn't always easy. It wasn't always fun. But you were there and that was enough. I will never, ever, ever forget you holding our daughter in your arms for the longest time, even while the nurse was waiting to take her to the nursery, talking to her, telling her over and over again that you were her daddy and that you loved her. You then took the time to write me the most beautiful thank you card ever. When our son was born, you did it all over again.
.
I love you so much, both the man you've become and the friend you've remained. Thank you for your loving and giving nature, your patience (with me, especially) and your wonderful sense of humor. Thank you for still being able make me laugh until I can't breath. I love you!

Love,

April

11 comments:

Heather of Swallowing A Moose said...

WOW! That was awesome!

Sounds like the Lord was working that one out wayyy back when.

To have a husband with a tender heart is a true joy isn't it?! I'm thankful the Lord blessed you with a wonderful man to walk the journey with!

Sweet Blessings,
Heather

A Stone Gatherer said...

That was a wonderful letter April! WOW to be marriage to your life long friend! What a blessing! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

This is SO sweet!

Makes me want to go home and hug my hubby.

Happy Monday!

Melanie said...

I just love that you've known each other and have been friends since kindergarten. What a special friendship! What a special marriage!

Susan said...

April,

What a BEAUTIFUL love story!!! How special that you knew your husband for so long.

God was truly there all along...

Thanks for sharing today, and so nice to meet you!

Susannah said...

Tears welling up. (Oh my, I'd better get the tissue box before I read any more MM posts!)

You two are AMAZING! Your solid friendship from kindergarten (which you remember) blossomed into friendship, then into romance. And now you're married. I'm just speechless!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful letter with us today April.

(((Hugs)))

Julie Arduini said...

This is beautiful. Knowing even in kindergarten he was the one, that is a story your children will cherish forever. I just want to sigh in contentment reading this!

Continued blessings to you!

new website/moved blog*
http://www.juliearduini.com
book giveaways all month!

Tami said...

You've known each other since KINDERGARTEN?! Wow. So he has ALL the dirt on you, huh?

Congratulations.

Wife of Rob said...

If you have known Scott that long, then technically, you've known him almost your entire life, which to me, it about the neatest thing I've heard all day. Talk about divine providence! I loved your letter!

Jen

Denise said...

Such a nice letter.

Tracie Nall said...

SO sweet!! I love the fact that you have known each other since kindergarten-that is so precious.