Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Overdrawn at the Sleep Bank

So tired. So very, very tired.
.
Turns out, it was too much to expect to just bounce back from two days of late nights and early mornings. When I was a teenager, this was not a problem - now, however, my body is telling me in no uncertain terms that I am no longer a teenager. Rest is a good thing and I sorely need some.
.
Acquire the Fire was very good this year. The drama, Surrounded, was amazing. I was so glad to have the opportunity to watch the youth touched by God, and especially moved as we watched 700 young people respond to an alter call. Well worth the exhaustion.
.
Now that I'm home, my focus is shifting to my big project for this week. Months ago, I agreed to make a wedding cake for a friend this weekend. I do not make wedding cakes, I like to bake, but this is a major undertaking. And yes, I plan on blogging about it as I complete each step. Please bear with me!

1 comment:

Susannah said...

700 People at the altar! Praise the Lord. You can sleep now.... :~d