Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Piece of Cake

I can't say it was honestly a piece of cake, but here is the the fruit of my labors for the week:
.
Back in November, I was asked if I would possibly consider doing a wedding cake. I do not do wedding cakes. I have a deep and abiding admiration for those who do, but other than a few birthday cakes I'm not a great cake decorator. This posed a challenge, and I hesitated, but agreed to make the cake.
.
Several weeks of planning, several days of baking and several hours of decorating have now passed. The cake has been assembled and dismembered today. I'm pleased with the results, and learned some useful lessons along the way, but do not think I will be going into the cake making business anytime soon!
.
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Kylie said...

I think you did a great job. It looks cute! :)

Susannah said...

It's perfect! Good for you for saying YES.

Was the wedding beautiful? :~D

April Feagley said...

The wedding was gorgeous and the bride was too! I worked in the kitchen for the reception and had a great time with the other ladies.

stephy said...

That is gorgeous! I wish I could make those, it looks completely professional.