Sunday, May 23, 2010

Score - Life 157 Me 0

So, this week didn't go so well.
.
At all, really.
.
Felt ill, went to doctor, got some medicine, slept a lot, felt ill, went to emergency room, got lots of tests, got new medicine and now I feel a bit better. It's going to be something I'll be dealing with for awhile and its no fun, so prayers would be much appreciated. Who knew panic attacks have very little to do with actually being nervous about anything? It's like someone flipped the override switch on the adrenaline factory which is scary and exhausting - like a being roller coaster that you can't get off.
.
In the middle of all of the drama and pharmaceuticals, I got to go see Chonda Pierce!!!! At long last!!! I've been waiting since February! She is so much fun and very, very real about her struggles with depression and an extremely difficult childhood. As my mom said, "She makes you laugh and cry all at once." We had a group of about 30 women attending the concert, which made it even more fun. It was an excellent girl's night out and much needed.
.
Hope everyone had a better weekend than I did! God is bigger than anything any of us are facing and I know He's got this under control!

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Panic attacks? I'm so sorry. I hope you feel much better as the week goes on.

Yay for Chonda! :~D

Amy said...

Hello April, I was doing a little blog hopping and came over here from Lysa T's site. I have to say that what I have read so far I love. I also love Chonda since I have suffered many years from depression and panic attacks.

I'll visit again,

Amy