Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring All Over the Place

Remember this post from a few weeks ago? Cheerfulness is a Choice
.
It was a glorious spring weekend and I really enjoyed my road trip to Lancaster Bible College. One of the stops on our tour was this mural. The funny thing was, it was so beautiful outside that the campus looked exactly like this painting!
While on the tour, this tree begged to have its picture taken and I obliged. Especially since it got all dressed up for the occasion.
My final confirmation that spring has arrived is this:
Little League has officially begun their season. Check out the handsome lad carrying the flag!
.
While I am waxing rhapsodic about the season, I thought I should share this verse:

See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.

Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.

The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me."

Song of Solomon 2:11-13

Nicely sums it up, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Such a beautiful portion of Scripture!!! Thanks, that's pure poetry. (purring...)

And of course, your son is pure poetry too... LOL

Happy Spring, April. :~D

Unknown said...

You always have a way of lifting me up, no, I think it's God through you lifting me up and making me chuckle----anyway, thanks and I looooovvvvvveeeeee the pics!:)