Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Digital Camera Dilema

My camera has been dying a slow death ever since Christmas. The shutter speed gradually slowed to the point that unless I was talking pictures of still life bowls of fruit, it was basically useless. Last weekend, it refused to turn on at all and I was forced to admit that my trusty Vivitar Vivicam (with a whopping 5.1 mega pixels!) is not coming back to me.
.
So, as I do with any large (read:minuscule) decision, I obsess. I've been poring over endless reviews, window shopping online (or would that be windows shopping?) narrowing down the options, and trying to decide what features I really want. So far, I've decided that I want a camera that will make all of my photographs look like Ansel Adams, The Pioneer Woman and Anne Geddes rolled into one. Perfectly reasonable, no?
.
Here are the contenders thus far:
.
Nikon Coolpix - Good reviews. In my price range. Lots of bells and whistles.
.
Canon Powershot - Slightly better reviews than the Nikon. In my price range (but some models hover on the edge). Again, lots of bells and whistles.
.
Casio Exilim - Good reviews. In my price range (but the high speed one is not). Lots of different models with various options.
.
Hopefully, I'll have a decision made by Friday and I can wow everyone with my professional grade photos (I could barely even type that with a straight face) by this weekend!

1 comment:

Susannah said...

I'm excited for you! Photography is my hobby too. :~D

Loved this: "make all of my photographs look like Ansel Adams, The Pioneer Woman and Anne Geddes rolled into one." Now there's a worthy goal....