Monday, March 15, 2010

Dreaming

This morning, I came across this post on Lysa TerKeurst's blog at Proverbs 31 Ministries. It hit home in a big way. This is a subject I've been praying about for awhile now.
.
I have big dreams. I have held them close for a long time, only recently beginning to put words to them and dare to hope that my dreams might be more than just flights of fancy.
.
Ever since I was in elementary school, I have dreamed about writing a book. As I grew up, that dream changed a bit from wanting to write the great American novel and become famous and fabulously wealthy, to wanting to write to glorify God. Last year, my dream expanded to wanting to speak and encourage women in the church.
.
For many months, I've prayed about my dreams, trying to discern whether this desire comes from a selfish ego or a true desire to serve the Lord. I'm still praying and hoping that God will send opportunities so that the way will be clear. Waiting is hard, though. I try hard to remember:
.

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

and

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Awesome promises from an awesome God! I'm going to continue to seek His will for me and my dreams. I pray that you dream big dreams to serve Him, too!

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Awesome! I love Jer. 29:11. So does YOUR dream include writing and publishing a Christian book????

BTW, speaking of books, I made it to the post office today, and your book prize, One Million Arrows is on it's way. Would you be willing to write a short review that I could post at Chrysalis?

Hope so! (((Hugs)))

April Feagley said...

My dream DEFINITELY is to write and publish a work that will glorify the name of the Lord!

I will most certainly write a review of One Million Arrows for your site, it would be an honor!