Sunday, March 21, 2010

Outstanding Opportunity

You all know I've been dreaming big lately.
.
Looking forward to what God has in store for my life.
.
Exploring promises He has for me and all of His children.
.
This weekend, an opportunity have appeared on the horizon that I'm really excited about. There is simply nothing as exciting as possibilities. And everything is possible with God!
.
A few months ago, while searching for a new ladies' Bible study, I found Proverbs 31 Ministries. As I perused the wonderful resources on their website and subscribed to their daily devotional, I continued to click around on the site and discovered the She Speaks Conference quite by accident. This event is specifically for women in writing, speaking or leadership ministries - and it sounded thrilling. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think anything like this existed. My attending this conference will hinge on my ability to obtain a scholarship, however, as it is a few states away and would strain the family resources. It would be a tremendous opportunity to explore the Lord's plan for me and learn more about women's' writing and speaking ministries. That said, as I wrote earlier this weekend, I am working hard and being content to wait on God. While I certainly hope that I might be able to receive a scholarship, if I don't I will accept that it was simply not a part of the plan.
.
All in all, God's waiting room is a pretty awesome place to be, I think!

5 comments:

e-Mom said...

Exciting! This is a popular ministry, and I know you'll enjoy the confenernce. :~D

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I went last year and am planning to go back this year- such an incredible time. Praying for you to be able to make it!!

Amy said...

Good luck in your scholarship pursuit. I would love to attend She Speaks in the future!

ET @ Titus2:3-5 said...

Blessings on you and your ministry. Praying that He works it all out for your good and His glory!

In Him,
Tyler

Tracy Nunes said...

I pray that God will lead and provide. Thanks for sharing your heart!