Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

Remember that Chonda Pierce concert I was looking forward to?
.
The one that was supposed to be last Saturday evening?
.
The one that I had 47 women signed up to go to?
.
Yeah, that one.
.
Turns out a wicked winter storm can thwart the best of plans. On the good side, the concert has been postponed to May. And Chonda is worth waiting for.
.
Its funny how plans get changed. Once the show was moved, my focus slid to the Ladies Bible study I was planning for this summer. Just like last year, one study in particular kept coming to my attention - Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst. I'll post more about the upcoming Bible study very soon - once I feel a bit more organized.
.
Among the plans for this year is a ladies' retreat scheduled for November 12-14, right now the preparation seems immense, but I know who is really in charge and He's big enough to handle it. The theme for the retreat is Leaving the Masquerade: Getting Real and Living an Authentic Life for Christ. There will be more on that to come, too.
.
I'm afraid this post has been a bit all over the place. There is a matter that I would like to ask for prayer about. Last February I had an opportunity to speak at a Ladies prayer breakfast. In that moment, I felt certain that speaking is something that God would have me to do. I have been praying since then, and asking for His direction and asking that if this is not His will that the desire to speak leave me. It has not left. I have no idea how to, or whether to, proceed. Your prayer would be very much appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for your blog post about Chonda Pierce. Now I'll have to wait a little longer... :~D

Praying for your speaking engagement. You'll do just fine!